Water Purification goes beyond a water filter and tap water. It is also one of the things that keeps industires running 24/7, 365 days a year, producing water that cleans, polishes and manufactures many things such as cosmetics, plating, metal finishing and more.
Complete a Programme of training to become proficient in:
Stores Procedures including:
- Receiving Deliveries & booking in Stock
- Accurately picking stock from stores and recording part numbers.
- Transferring stock to system builds
- Booking stock out of stores using red zebra software.
Exchange Cylinder Procedures including:
- Emptying ion exchange cylinders
- Filling of ion exchange cylinders with resin (regenerated and new – various varieties)
- Making up ion exchange cylinder hose connections, inlet and outlet.
Various Other Duties including:
- Assisting Engineers & other personnel as required (both in the factory and on-site)
- Filling out job sheets recording work carried out on site, parts used and condition of equipment.
- Keeping work area clean and tidy in addition to general housekeeping duties
- Maintaining company vehicles and carrying out safety check sheets on a monthly basis.
- Report writing – training reports and Red Zebra reports
- Adhering to ISO9001:2008 Procedures
- Adhering to Health and Safety requirements & practices
- Other Ad hoc duties as requested.
- Attendance at college 1-2 days per week leading to a valid qualification at the end of the training period.
Once the Apprentice has proved themselves they may be asked to undertake additional duties such as:
- Surveying equipment looking for faults/damage and potential hazards
- Stripping suspected faulty equipment to fault find and service parts.
- Assisting in the build of water purification equipment, softeners, reverse osmosis units, deionisation systems, back-washable filters
- Assembling pipe work, ABS, PVC, CPVC, Using solvent cleaner and glues to create manifolds and pipe work.
- Assisting with the testing of equipment in the factory ready for installation, producing a test report confirming all tests carried out and system flow rates/pressures.
- Assisting with the commissioning of equipment.
- Assisting with the Servicing of Equipment (on-site)
- Able & willing to be a loyal, co-operative team member
- Able to work early mornings and/or late evenings
- Able to reliably commute to Park Farm Trading Estate in Wellingborough
- Excellent Communication skills: verbal and written
- Highly motivated with a mature attitude and a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
- Aptitude for practical science or engineering skills
- Ability to think logically and if unsure, ask questions
- Ability to work in accordance to instructions
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiativeAbility to work efficiently & accurately whilst meeting deadlines.