We are looking for a skilled individual who is happy working in a hands on position helping build our systems from the ground up and is comfortable working on our client’s sites installing the equipment.
Mechanical biased Pipe Fitter responsible for the Assembly and Installation of Water Purification Systems
ADEPT Pure Water Ltd is a family run business based in Wellingborough Northants, specialising in the bespoke design, build, install, commission and servicing of Water Purification Equipment such as Reverse Osmosis, Deionisers, Softeners, Exchange cylinders and UV Systems, offering its products and services to businesses across the United Kingdom.
Due to company restructure the Company requires an experienced installations engineer or Pipe Fitter to join the team.
Area: Water Purification
Title: Installation Engineer/Pipe Fitter/Technician
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday
Reports to: Operations Manager
Consults with: All employees
Salary: Negotiable DOE and subject to periodic reviews
Main Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with clients and attending site as required to gain a full understanding of requirements and job specifications to ensure drawings, builds lists and other documents are accurate
- Create specifications and estimates as required for the production of builds and installation lists;
- Assistance with design drawings / documentation as required.
- Responsible for timely and accurate system installations to include amongst other duties, installation of cable tray, ABS pipework, tanks, systems and ring mains. Working with other engineers during the commissioning stage. Attending follow up site attendances/call-backs
- Assisting with System Builds and System Set ups at our Wellingborough Site
- Inspection and Testing of built systems prior to delivery.
- Completion of all associated paperwork.
- Complying with Health and Safety procedures and generating Risk Assessments and Method Statements to cover visits and Installations Processes.
- Following company procedures and providing constructive feedback as required for the development of Health and Safety, ISO 9001 and other standards the company follows.
- Ad hoc jobs as required.
The successful candidate should be:
- Forward thinking, logical and methodical planner with a keen eye for detail.
- Work to deadlines, motivated to succeed in a challenging environment and able to adapt to changing demands
- Committed to Quality (ISO 9001), Environmental (ISO 14001) and Health and Safety Requirements
- Accept responsibility and implement Corrective and Preventative Actions as required.
- Flexible with change of plans.
- Some Early Starts/Late Finishes/Overnight Stays/Weekend Work may be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 G.C.S.E’s or equivalent including English and Maths
- City of Guilds/BTEC Qualification in Engineering discipline
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of ABS & PVC Pipe fitting or System Assembly, working with hand tools, Lathes and Circular Saws
Desirable but not Essential:
- Current Plastic Welding (Hot Gas Welding Polypropylene) Certificate
- Current BS4872 Part 1 Weld Code
- Supervising of Others Including Contractors
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days + Statutory Bank Holidays
- Bonus Opportunities (T&C’s apply)
- Pension and Life Insurance schemes
- Full Company Uniform, PPE, Contribution to Phone Bill or Phone Supplied
- Access to Company Vehicle and Tool Kit
- Training Opportunities and Career Progression
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, CONSULTANCIES OR COMPANIES OF A SIMILAR NATURE PLEASE.