We are looking for a skilled Field Based Service Engineer with Water Purification Industry Experience - Full UK Driving Licence is Essential
DRIVING IS A FUNDAMENTAL PART OF THIS VACANCY THEREFORE IN ORDER TO QUALIFY, CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS A FULL & VALID (PREFERABLY CLEAN) CATEGORY B/B1 OR HIGHER DRIVING LICENCE AND WILLING TO TRAVEL THROUGHOUT THE UK.
ADEPT Pure Water Ltd has a vacancy for a full-time experienced Field Water Purification Service Engineer. The successful candidate will be willing to commute to various areas within the UK and travel to the office based in Wellingborough, Northants as required for training/preparation work.
The job will require a person who has the ability to install, commission, service and fault find on our own and other manufacturers’ water purification equipment to meet customer specification. Systems include Reverse Osmosis, De-ionisers, Water Softeners, Filters and UV Filtration, and associated chemicals and consumables.
Salary will be negotiated with the right candidate and is dependent upon skills & experience (subject to internal grading). ADEPT Pure Water Ltd prides itself on being a fair, employee-orientated company and as such offers rewarding benefits some of which include 25 days holiday + bank holidays Company vehicles with modern satellite navigation system, I-Phone, pension, on-going training activities, company uniform, full PPE, a structured career progression route and, time and travel monitoring and bonus opportunities from time to time in force.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your CV for the attention of Mrs Donna Hazelton to the address above or [email protected]
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
The Successful candidate will be required to work on a range of equipment. Training will be provided as required but will include:
Control Panels Experience with working with Electrical Design Engineers in programming of PLC and HMI systems commissioning of Control Panels and Wiring systems Fault Finding Expected Voltages 24 VAC110 VAC, 240 VAC, 415 VAC, 12 VDC, 24 VDC.
Raw and Pure Water Tank and Inlet Pipe Systems tanks, pumps, Valve arrangements and level control systems
Back washable Filter Systems including Activated Carbon, Multi Media Filter Beds, Organic Scavengers, Iron Removal, Nitrate Removal Systems
Water Softeners including Simplex, Duplex, and Triplex Systems, Salt Saturators and Brine Systems
Reverse Osmosis Systems Single and Twin Pass RO systems CIP Rigs and Pre-Filtration Systems
Deionisers Mixed Bed Exchange Cylinders, Single Mixed Bed (Regeneratable) Two Bed and Three Bed Automatic Regeneratable Systems
UV Systems 254 and 185 nM Systems
Ring Mains Construction and Commissioning of Ultra and Pure Water Ring Main Distribution Pipe Work Systems in either ABS or PVC
System Sterilisations Pure Water Ring Main disinfection systems using chemicals of various types
Water Regulations understanding of minimum standards required in a Pure Water System
Client Interface Must be fully experienced with meeting all levels of client and engaging in conversation with them in a Technical Nature
Chemical handling must have some experience of working with chemicals & COSHH Regulations.
pH Correction Effluent Systems and Recycling Systems
Valve Types:- Fleck, Siata, Autotrol, Gemu, Osmonic,
Pumps: Grundfos, Lowara, Ebara, Prominent, LMI
Pipe Work Systems: GF, TP & Durapipe ABS and PVC Systems
Electrical and Mechanical Unit Assembly, Installation, Commissioning, Servicing, Fault Finding, on any of the above.
Report Writing & Emails: Engineer reporting using SAM Solutions Software. Accountable for ensuring all parts used are entered on the report, all details of job undertaken are reported, picture taken of system and signature obtained from client for every job.
Company Vehicles: Responsible for Company Van/stock and undertaking daily and monthly vehicle checks
The Successful applicant will:-
- Have a comprehensive understanding of electrical and mechanical regulations.
- Be a quick learner, not afraid to ask questions and learn from experience
- Work to high standards and have a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to analyse complex problems logically and assess suitable, cost efficient solutions
- The ability to explain design ideas clearly, have excellent communication and reporting skills (both verbally and in writing).
- Have strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and in time dependent situations
- Be Self-motivated as working on their own is a major part of this position, a Team Player when working with others is also a major requirement,
- Willing to travel and have the flexibility for occasional overnight stays when further afield/longer duration work is required.
- Able to work accurately in accordance to instructions, designs and specifications.
- Committed to ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others and show an awareness of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a Quality Management System compliant to ISO 9001 and other standards as maintained.
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including A*-C Grade (or equivalent) in English, Maths & Science
City & Guilds (Or Equivalent) in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical subjects.
Desired Training/Experience in:
CSCS/JIB UK-PMES Card or a valid “Pass” on the Health and Safety Exam
Water Purification methods & performance
PASMA Scaffolding Towers Certificate
Emergency First Aid at Work
Working at Height
How to undertake a Risk Assessment
N.B. Applicants who do not possess the above qualifications/training but do have the requisite water purification knowledge/experience may still be considered for this role.